CURLING CLUB MANAGER (Full-time)
The Curling Club Manager is a full-time year round position requiring an extensive time commitment that may include weekdays, weeknights and weekends during the September to April curling season. Work hours for the remainder of the year, April to September, will be minimal (8 – 16 hours/week) and flexible to help offset the demands of the active season.
The Club Manager reports to the Board of Directors and will oversee the Administrative Assistant and Head Ice Technician duties to ensure the provision of high quality, consistent, friendly and timely services to our membership, rental guests and with general inquiries.
The selected candidate will:
- Assume responsibility for day to day operations of the Club including league and bonspiel draws, ice rentals, bar and inventory control, conditions of the facilities, and security of Club property
- Develop the club’s marketing and sales plan to promote membership and sponsorship opportunities
- Build relationships and maintain rapport with club members, sponsors, community stakeholders, neighboring Clubs and Curling Alberta
- Provide support to curling leagues and other events as needed to ensure the success of each program
- Collect and receipt income from all sources and manage bank deposits working closely with the Treasurer to ensure accuracy of accounting records
- Keep ahead of trends in the curling business being vigilant in identifying new opportunities for growth and addressing issues that might threaten the success of the Rose City Curling Club
- Know and implement current Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis rules and regulations
- Assist with and/or hire for bartending and cleaning services as needed
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings to bring issues requiring the board’s attention and to give an overview of the Club’s happenings
- Take the operational lead in organizing assigned Provincial and Regional Competitions; be the club liaison to Curling Alberta
- Continuously evaluate programs, procedures and Club practices and make appropriate recommendations to the President for any and all improvements and changes to the Club
- Perform other assigned duties as determined by the Board of Directors
- Note that the Rose City Curling Club has a zero tolerance policy regarding the consumption of alcohol while on duty
- Outgoing demeanor, strong public relations and client services skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who is adaptable to and comfortable with a variable daily, weekly and monthly work schedule
- Well-developed business management and leadership experience in customer or member-focused organizations
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to create new opportunities and an ability to challenge tradition in a constructive way
- Be a natural problem solver – if you don’t know how to do something, you know how to identify appropriate resources to find a solution
- Sound understanding of fiscal responsibilities (budgeting, receivables and payables)
- Preference will be given to candidates with curling knowledge and business operating practice in the not-for-profit sector
Closing date: May 31, 2019
Position to start July 2, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with your salary expectations and a brief description outlining why you would be a good fit for this position. Please quote in email subject line: Club Manager Position. We will also accept applications by post office mail postmarked no later than May 31st, 2019. Please send to the Rose City Curling Club, Suite 5, 4512 – 53 Street, Camrose, Alberta T4V 4E3. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit a Criminal record check.
All candidates are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.