HEAD ICE TECHNICIAN (Seasonal)
The Head Ice Technician is an 8 month seasonal position requiring an extensive time commitment during the September to April curling season. Hours may include weekdays, weeknights and weekends.
The selected candidate will:
- Facilitate day-to-day curling ice operations, ensuring a high-quality playing surface for all league play, rentals, bonspiels and other functions as required
- Train, supervise and schedule assistant ice technicians and volunteers to guarantee a positive curling experience for all at the Rose City Curling Club
- Assist the Club Manager to ensure safety protocols are adhered to and that any facility safety concern is handled appropriately
- Install the ice annually, including hack to hack sheets, in-ice signage, hack installation and dividers between sheets
- Schedule and implement maintenance floods when required
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly equipment maintenance and log keeping
- Perform minor facility maintenance and repairs as needed
- Remove ice at the end of the season ensuring proper rock, signage and equipment storage
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the Club Manager, Board of Directors, staff, club members, contractors, vendors, visitors and the community at large
- Minimum of a Level 2 Ice Technican Certificate required, or equivalent experience and a commitment to obtain Level 2 certification
- Minimum of two years experience in curling ice installation and maintenance, or a combination of applicable education and experience
- Ability to work under minimal direction but understands the importance of superior ice conditions and what is required to maintain them
Closing date: May 31, 2019
Position to start September, 2019
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your salary expectations and a brief description outlining why you would be a good fit for this position. Please quote in email subject line: Head Ice Technician Position. We will also accept applications by post office mail postmarked no later than May 31st, 2019. Please send to the Rose City Curling Club, Suite 5, 4512 – 53 Street, Camrose, Alberta T4V 4E3. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit a Criminal record check.
All candidates are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.