Please DO NOT visit the RCCC if you have travelled abroad or have ANY symptoms listed on the Self Assessment Checklist.
Names and phone numbers are necessary for contact tracing. Anyone entering the club must provide information to the office or designate.
The Club’s policies and protocols are subject to change based on ongoing Alberta Health Services’ recommendations and guidelines. Please pay attention to our website, emails, and signage at the Club for further updates.
BEFORE YOUR GAME:
- Games will have staggered start times to avoid congestion.
- Foot traffic throughout the main floor, onto the ice, up the stairs, and into the lounge will be controlled to allow distancing. Please watch for and observe all signs. Volunteer greeters will help with traffic flow.
- Face masks are required to be worn in all areas of the curling club. As of November 2, 2020, the City of Camrose instituted a Mandatory Face Covering Bylaw (Bylaw #3129-20), effective immediately. This bylaw requires the use of face coverings for all individuals over the age of 10 in all public spaces and civic facilities in the City of Camrose. Individuals who are unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition are exempt from this Bylaw. The Bylaw allows for the removal of a mask during physical activities, or while consuming food and drink. With rising COVID case numbers in the province, and several curling clubs reporting members who have tested positive, Curling Alberta now recommends that clubs should request that masks are used during play but can and should be safely removed when needed (e.g., before and while sweeping, when drinking water, when regaining a comfortable rate of breathing, when replacing a wet mask, etc.).
- There will be no access to lockers. Please arrive dressed for curling. We will provide chairs and space to change shoes.
- Everyone is welcome to patronize the lounge before and after games. To avoid crowding, the bar will only serve one person at a time.
- To facilitate distancing, only 1 sweeper per rock at all times, including in the house. Other players on both teams will have designated spots to stand & wait. These will be indicated on the ice surface.
- Handshakes, fist bumps, even elbow touches are too close. 2 metres between players are necessary. Try a nod or distanced broom tap instead.
- Scores will be submitted via scorecards after each game. More details will follow.
AFTER YOUR GAME:
- Masks are required to be worn after your game; they may be removed if you’re seated to consume food/beverage.
- Please store your gear in your vehicle after games, as locker/storage areas are not available.
- To avoid congestion, one staircase will be dedicated for “up”, the other for going “down”.
- Table seating will follow Alberta Food/Beverage restrictions (Separation of tables, chair limits per table, etc.)
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE:
- Let’s enjoy ourselves as we always do! Respect each other and respect our staff. Any abuse or harassment towards our hardworking Staff, fellow Curlers or Board Members regarding any of our new protocols will not be tolerated.